In my down time – between working in the Spence actuarial department, studying for actuarial exams, chasing after my four and two year olds – I am partial to spending some time managing… my fantasy football team.
Having witnessed another terrible weekend of results for my team, my mind turned back to reality and to the third Quarterly Update of 2018. Thankfully the topics we have selected for this report carry far more promise and relevance than my football selections:
- The first name on the Quarterly Update team sheet is a mainstay of recent selections. An unpredictable, volatile, yet entirely unavoidable choice for the Q3 team – Brexit. No update would be complete without it!
- On the wing, we have a summary of the British Airways judgement – a case that keeps running and running, with no sign of tiring out, until it reaches the final (at the Supreme Court).
- Bringing older, wiser and more experienced traits to the report, we have an article on the recent trends in Longevity.
- Providing a cool head in defence, an article summarising the G4S case that brought clarity on what is a “frozen” scheme.
- In midfield, we have the European leader, organising all members of the team, with great communication skills – a summary of the member communication requirements from the IORP II European Directive.
- Whilst up front, we have the most honest of finishers, who won’t try to win a penalty by scamming the referee – an update on the ScamSmart
- STOP PRESS: The imminent Lloyds judgement mentioned in this edition of our Quarterly Update has been published today and confirms the requirement to equalise Guaranteed Minimum
Pensions (GMPs). See more inside our report.
So, although I couldn’t deliver a winning fantasy football selection this week (again), I am happy to be able to deliver the Quarterly Update for the third quarter of 2018.
To download this report, click here .
As always we love to get feedback from you. If you like what we do please tell us – it’s nice to get great feedback. If you would like things included, excluded or done differently please drop us a line too. The report is to help you, so help us tailor it to your needs.
And … if you find that you do have time to keep up with things, why not follow us on Twitter @SpencePartners and keep up to date as you go along.