Accounts Payable Specialist
We are hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist who wants the opportunity to carve out a successful role within an award winning and growing organisation.
You will be seeking an opportunity in which you can own your workload. You will be prepared to stay ahead of developments within the finance Team and broader business field in a bid to enhance our Business in its widest sense.
You will be committed to the continuous improvement of the business areas and processes in order to enhance effectiveness/efficiency and evolution of the business. You will be an innovative thinker and prepared to work in a flexible environment which seeks out opportunity and improvement.
We are excited about the future at Spence & Partners (Spence). The industry in which we operate offers a dynamic and challenging environment and our excellent reputation is contributing to the growth of our Business from an expanding portfolio of clients. We have aspirations to extend that client base, and deliver truly integrated solutions, through the use of our highly innovative software platform, Mantle, across our work.
Spence was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee. As such, joining us as a Consulting Actuary will open up opportunities for you to use your actuarial experience to add value on our wide range of clients across the group.
We do not pigeonhole colleagues and aim to provide challenging and interesting work which will allow our staff to build rewarding careers.
About the role
This role will report to the Financial Accountant:
• Responsibility for the supplier cost allocation and reconciliation of supplier ledgers to statements.
• Identification and monitoring of 3rd party costs to be recharged to clients.
• Management of supplier relationships, including liaising with suppliers and relevant colleagues, resolving queries and weekly payments.
• Reporting of supplier costs against budget on a quarterly basis.
• Support monthly financial reporting & annual financial statement audits.
• Oversee processing of employee expenses in-line with company policy.
• Maintain & update fixed asset register
• A minimum of 2 years experience working in an accounting team.
• Previous experience as an accounts payable clerk or in an accounts admin role.
• Experience of working in a high-performing team & fast-paced environment.
• High level of computer literacy, experience of using accounting software & demonstrate strong skills in using MS Office, Outlook & Excel in particular.
• Strong time management skills with ability to manage workload & meet deadlines.
Behavioural competencies for the role
• Highly organised individual
• Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks & problem solving
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong numeracy skills
• Strong communication skills
20 hours per week: Monday – Friday.
Location – Belfast.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.