Business Support Assistant – Front of House
The successful candidate will be experienced to work in a busy office environment in a front of house role in an award winning company. They will be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities. They will have strong organisational skills and attention to detail with excellent levels of delivering quality customer service to our colleagues and clients. The successful candidate will be a competent user of Microsoft packages and general office equipment.
Due to the nature of our business and this role it is imperative that professional integrity and strict confidentiality is maintained at all times.
You will be expected to present yourself at all times in a professional business like manner, ensuring expectations are managed and the Function delivers to the highest standard, being; professional and timely.
The successful individual will have experience working closely with Board and Director level, and aware of the importance of quality delivery in this area.
What to expect when working with us
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of award winning companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, (Veratta) a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
In the current climate pensions offers a dynamic and challenging environment. It is important that our pension’s professionals have excellent Business Support in order to carry out their role more efficiently and deliver excellent service to our clients.
About the role – Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the management and day to day running of the office environment providing support to the Business Support Manager, directors/ and any other identified staff as required.
- Process the post each day by scanning, uploading and releasing to the relevant sites.
- Assist with the preparation and formatting of reports, client documents ensuring all templates are in line with company branding and policies.
- Act as a point of contact and carry out front of house reception duties. Receiving guests and ensuring all necessary processes are completed
- Running errands; e.g post, banks, supplies
- Answer and transfer telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner.
- Responsible for the management and assistance in any delegated ISO27001 tasks. Physical and environmental security.
- A key part of the role will be assisting in the planning and facilitation of meetings, e.g. booking rooms, ordering lunch and setting up with tea/coffee as required.
- Support office stock control, ordering relevant stationery, paper and any other items to ensure availability when required by all colleagues.
- Carry out standard and advanced Microsoft office tasks including word-processing, formatting letters, reports and documents. Facilitate large volume document production.
- Support the effective storage and retrieval of office information by filing documents; both electronic and hard copies on various systems.
- Support culture of continuous development, advancing internal processes, procedures and systems – assist with the testing of any new services or systems.
- Providing cover and support to other members of the team in busy periods or during staff holidays.
- Provide first class customer service to all clients and colleagues.
- May be required to provide secretarial support to key Staff members by carrying out diary management, travel bookings and email filing where appropriate.
- You will be enthusiastic and willing to adapt to a varied role with ability to adhere to deadlines.
Key Criteria – Essential
- Experience in a busy office environment within the Professional Services industry.Experience in a busy office environment within the Professional Services industry.
- Experience of managing multiple and conflicting tasks.
- Excellent IT Skills and fully competent in Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Competent user of general office machinery and equipment.
- Working in a busy and demanding office (preferably within Professional Services)
- Diary management, travel bookings.
- Proven experience in all aspects of office administration.
- Experience of working pro actively and using own initiative to complete tasks
- Familiar with ISO 27001 compliance.
- Assisting or managing technical or IT related projects.
- Working towards an administration standard professional qualification.
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Educated to minimum A level standard.
- At least 5 GCSE’s to include Maths and English.
Desirable Educational Qualifications
- Working towards a relevant administration or business related qualification.
- ECDL or equivalent.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
Further information is provided outlining the indicators for each behavioural competency
37.5 Hrs Monday – Friday working on a rota basis starting at either 8.30am or 9.30am and finishing at either 5pm or 6pm. With a busy office environment the role will require additional hours from time to time.
All roles are subject to a 6 month probationary period and all prospective employees are required to complete an Access NI check.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.