Business Support Assistant – PA
The successful candidate will be an experienced corporate services personal assistant who can work diligently and independently. They will be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities for key individuals within the business. They will have strong organisational skills and attention to detail with excellent levels of delivering quality customer service to our colleagues and clients. The successful candidate will be a competent user of Microsoft packages and general office equipment.
Due to the nature of our business and this role, it is imperative that professional integrity and strict confidentiality is always maintained.
You will be expected to present yourself at all times in a professional business-like manner, ensuring expectations are managed and the company is supported to deliver to the highest standards.
The successful individual will be proactive and confident to work independently with support from a multisite Business Support Team across the UK.
What to expect when working with us
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately-owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of award-winning companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, (Veratta) a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We believe in empowerment and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
In the current climate pensions offers a dynamic and challenging environment. It is important that our pension’s professionals have excellent Business Support in order to carry out their role more efficiently and deliver excellent service to our clients.
About the role
This is a key role to support the continued success of the business. Reporting to the Facilities & Business Support Manager in Belfast, this role is to support a small group of key individuals.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide PA support to key individuals by carrying out diary management, travel bookings and email management.
- Proactively provide a first-class customer service to all colleagues and clients, through anticipating and delivering requirements, maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders and working as a team across the business sites, to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the management and day to day running of the office environment, taking ownership and accountability for managing effective supplier relationships, alongside the Business Support & Facilities Manager.
- Assist with the preparation and formatting of reports, client documents ensuring all templates are in line with company branding, policies and delivered within timescales.
- Representing the business in all strategic and operational activities to support and drive the business forward through contributing to the delivery of multiple initiatives and projects.
- Assist with reception duties including call handling, managing post, and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Ensure to maintain and uphold quality standards, including ISO27001. Taking responsibility for document and information confidentiality, office security, implementing and supporting policies and processes.
Essential Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of providing PA support within the Professional Services industry.
- Experience of managing multiple and conflicting tasks.
- Excellent IT Skills and fully competent in Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of diary management, travel bookings.
- Proven experience in all aspects of office administration.
- Experience of working pro-actively and using own initiative to complete tasks.
Desirable Experience & Knowledge
- Familiar with ISO 27001 compliance.
Desirable Educational Qualifications
- Professional LCCI qualification – Executive Secretary’s Diploma (or equivalent).
- Educated to minimum A level standard.
- At least 5 GCSE’s to include Maths and English.
- Working towards a relevant administration or business-related qualification.
- ECDL or equivalent.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
Belfast – Full time
37.5 Hrs Monday – Friday working on a rota basis starting at either 8.30am or 9.30am and finishing at either 5pm or 6pm. With a busy office environment the role will require additional hours from time to time.
All roles are subject to a 6 month probationary period and all prospective employees are required to complete an Access NI check.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.