Cashflow Administrator – 6 Month FTC
Our business has experienced strong growth and we have an exciting opportunity for a Cashflow Administrator. This role will form part of our Fund Accounts and Payroll team carrying out a key role for our quality delivery of accounting and cashflow services to our clients.
We are looking for someone who is keen to embrace the opportunity of developing their experience as part of an award-winning pensions consultancy.
You will be able to evidence previous experience of working successfully within a book keeping or accountancy role. You will be methodical in your work with exceptional attention to detail ensuring all deadlines are met. You will be organised, efficient with the ability to prioritise your work and recognise urgent and important tasks. You will understand the importance of communication internally and externally and be an enthusiastic member of our excellent team.
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, Bristol and Manchester and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Mantle Services Limited, a software development business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this, both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
About the role
This role will form part of our Fund Accounts and Payroll team and will report through to the Pensions Administration and Fund Accounts Function Head.
- Book-keeping and general ledger responsibilities for the processing of supplier & member payments and deposits.
- Prepare financial extracts to be included in stewardship reports.
- Respond to daily payment queries.
- Prepare and collate payments in a responsible, timely and accurate manner.
- Attend and effectively contribute to all relevant internal and external meetings, ensuring actions, projects deadlines are adhered to and completed.
- Responsibly and effectively flag and proactively communicate/escalate any relevant issues or queries.
- Ensure compliance with business processes and adherence to relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and HMRC authorised practice with regards to potential movements/payments.
Professional Experience & Knowledge Required
- Book-keeping and general ledger experience with a basic financial awareness of accounting procedures including budgeting and cashflow management.
- Ability to prioritise work within budgets
- Experience with Xero/QuickBooks preferable
- Knowledge & background of internet banking
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, especially in Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- An understanding of how to deliver to internal controls, deadlines and business processes.
- An enthusiastic team player.
- Evidence of qualifications with a strong numeracy content.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Problem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Client engagement, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive.
Further information is provided outlining the indicators for each behavioural competency.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel for the delivery of an excellent service for our clients.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.