Client Database Administrator
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee company, and Pensions Hosting Company Limited, a pension software supplier, operating from offices in, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and London, and with clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
Having already achieved impressive growth in our business internally and externally, we are in a period of significant change which is providing opportunities to further increase business growth. This presents an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator to join our Company and support the Marketing team.
We don’t pigeonhole colleagues and aim to provide challenging and interesting work which will allow the successful candidate to build a rewarding career.
About the role
The marketing team supports our group of businesses in helping to promote them and to win new clients. Reporting to the Business Development Executive the main purpose of the Database Administrator will be to support the Marketing Department with the on-going updating and cleansing of information in our Client Relationship Management (CRM) database. This role would best suit a candidate who is methodical and has an eye for detail. Someone with experience in a similar role would be preferable but not essential. The information in the database supports our business development campaigns, this role actively contributes to our sales effort.
The roleholder will:
- Support the Business Development Executive and Manager to develop sales opportunities using marketing campaigns based on our marketing database.
- Support the Business Development Executive to manage the campaign process and produce timely reporting information to feed into future campaign planning.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to the CRM database administration to a level acceptable to the end users.
- Be able to work effectively on the system and update records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meet objectives and targets set in an accurate and professional manner and work to deadlines.
We expect that you will be an individual who is a confident database administrator. You will need to have strong attention to detail and be IT proficient in all Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as a good aptitude for systems, and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
You need to be self motivated in meeting the targets set for updating the records, reliable and methodical. You will need to have the motivation to continue to produce high level work regardless of the repetition.
An excellent communicator, able and willing to interact at all levels within a busy and thriving office environment.
You will be aware of the importance to maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times in respect of the sensitive nature of the business.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Educated to A-Level or Scottish Highers with the equivalent of B’s or above in Maths and English GCSE.
- Desirable Educational Background and Qualifications
- Degree Educated in a relevant discipline
- Essential Professional Experience
- Experience in a similar role of this nature
- Use of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office products; in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and the ability to learn and utilise bespoke systems and procedures.
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
- Good/confident telephone manner.
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Evidence of successful experience in a similar role and organisation.
Behavioural competencies for the role
- Inspiring Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Impacting & Influencing
- Client Engagement
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Planned Approach
- Professional Approach
Based in Belfast.
37.5 hour week, 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required from time to time. The Company operates a flexi-working policy.
Salary range £20,000 – 22,000 FTE
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the board.