Cloud Support Technician
You are keen to embrace the opportunity of developing your IT experience as part of an excellent and award-winning company. You are an exceptional IT professional who will hit the ground running with excellent business acumen and transferable IT experience.
You will have the ability to communicate and positively influence and negotiate at all levels, both internally and externally. You will always be aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality and integrity in respect of the sensitive nature of the business.
Our growing company has an ever more complex web of software, hardware and associated suppliers. You will want to help to get the very best performance from all three, and work together shaping decisions on IT architecture and spending as the business moves toward a ‘cloud first’ future.
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately-owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, Bristol, Manchester and Leeds and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open-door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this, both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
About the role
Spence and Partners is currently embarking on the transformation of its IT estate to a Cloud-First strategy.
As a Cloud Support Technician, you will join a highly specialised team with a broad skillset that is passionate about ensuring excellence and high-quality service delivery to group companies with ultimate end user satisfaction.
You will be responsible for the support of Microsoft and Citrix-based products and technologies such as Citrix Desktops, Office 365, and Windows/Apple devices. As a Support Technician, you will be a main of contact for staff from all Office locations, with excellent exposure across various technologies and infrastructure.
You will be responsible for logging incidents and resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. You will be self-driven working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, providing services over the phone, through email and in person, demonstrating motivation to improve and adapt business processes to fit the ongoing transition of technology within the Group.
The ideal Cloud Support Technician will have:
- 1+ years of helpdesk experience supporting small to medium sized businesses
- 1+ years of supporting Microsoft Technologies including Windows 10
- 1 + years of supporting Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
- 1+ year supporting Office 365 environments
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system
- Background of working autonomously, working for multiple clients in multiple environments
- Providing technical support to end user
- Excellent organisational skills, including maintenance and design of policies and procedures including forms, call tickets and client service records
- Ability to travel to different office locations
- Azure experience a definite plus.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanour and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
Experience in one or more of the following topics
- Office 365 services (Exchange Online, SharePoint, ODFB, Teams)
- Azure experience
- SharePoint Online
- Mac Management
- Active Directory
- General Networking
- Experience in the professional services industry is desirable, though not essential.
- Experience in Office365 administration
- Citrix Experience
- Proactive, enthusiastic and output driven
- Driven to develop existing, and learn new skills
- Willingness to embrace and drive change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when require.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six-month probationary period from commencement of employment.