Office & Business Support Manager
Bring your flair for innovation and change to this key leadership role in our Corporate Services Team and drive excellence in every aspect of People & Facilities Management.
You will enjoy diverse responsibilities, with a keen eye on the future and be accountable for the smooth running of the offices for our group of companies throughout the UK and the successful implementation of Business Support throughout the organisation.
You will certainly bring to the role proven experience of leading teams & delivering high quality services to a diverse portfolio of internal & external customers. Your track record ranges from people management and reporting, to leading significant change programmes and projects.
You will provide an efficient and safe working environment for all members of staff by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the business needs.
What to expect when working with us
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, (Veratta) a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and London and have clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
In the current climate pensions offers a dynamic and challenging environment. It is important that our pension’s professionals have excellent Business Support in order to carry out their role more efficiently and deliver excellent service to our clients.
About the role
- Manage the office facilities across a portfolio of locations within the UK and lead the Business Support team to deliver a first class internal service to the business by anticipating and planning for the needs of an evolving and growing organisation and consistently meeting objectives and service delivery expectations.
- Demonstrate strong people management skills along with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead a multi-site team of Business Support Professionals to meet high volume and complex requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that all the working environments meet all relevant health and safety requirements and that the relevant and up to date risk assessments are in place.
- Supporting Corporate Services Management with planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources across buildings and/or re-organizing current premises.
- Sophisticated communication skills to build relationships and gain support from a wide range of high achieving, professionally knowledgeable and technical colleagues at all levels across various locations.
- Scoping, managing, and coordinating the service levels and workload requirements of the Business Support team across all our locations.
- Ability to effectively manage the development of skills and knowledge within the team to meet strategic business objectives.
- Leading and planning essential business support services including reception, PA support, management of the incoming and outgoing mail process and efficient distribution of information, archiving, and managing external providers of security, maintenance, cleaning, catering, waste disposal etc.
- Ensuring the prompt processing of all regulatory requirements by the team
- Responsible for the management and assistance in any delegated ISO27001 physical and environmental security and supplier relationships.
- You will be enthusiastic and willing to adapt to a varied role with ability to adhere to deadlines.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Similar experience of at least 5 years in a fast paced Financial Services or Professional Services environment.
- Strong people management experience across a large multi-site team
- Proven experience in all aspects of office and property management including Health & Safety
- Experience of managing a wide portfolio of responsibility with constantly evolving priorities.
- Excellent IT Skills and fully competent in Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of working in an ISO 27001 accredited environment.
- Familiar with GDPR requirements
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Educated to A level standard.
- At least 5 GCSE’s to include Maths and English.
- NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
Behavioural competencies for the role
- Inspiring Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Impacting & Influencing
- Client Engagement
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Planned Approach
- Professional Approach
- Further information is provided outlining the indicators for each behavioural competency
The Salary for this role will be negotiable dependent on experience.
37.5 Hrs Monday – Friday. With a busy office environment the role will require additional hours from time to time.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel on a regular basis as part of both their responsibility for all offices and the Business Support team which is has members based in all of our locations.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.