As an award-winning and recognised player in the UK Pensions industry, we are currently looking to recruit an Investment Analyst to join our highly successful team.
This individual will be involved in the further growth of our investment consulting and implemented consulting propositions; services which have expanded significantly in the last few years. What will set you apart is your gravitas, tenacity, sound commercial acumen and shared enthusiasm for our Company and our strategic objectives and those of our clients.
Experience gained from an investment consultancy or asset manager is essential. Knowledge and experience in carrying out asset transfers and manager research in either a defined benefit pensions consultancy or as an asset/transition manager is desirable.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is eager to work hard as part of a team and independently. They should be able to make an impact and work effectively autonomously.
We are excited about the future. Our business is growing fast through new client wins and expansion in our current service offerings. Our use of our innovative integrated actuarial, investment and administration pension scheme software platform, Mantle®, across our work is driving us to deliver integrated solutions to our clients.
We are an integrated group of companies that includes Spence & Partners, a firm of actuaries, pension and investment consultants and administrators Dalriada Trustees, a leading independent trustee firm and Mantle, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business which operates in the pensions and financial services industry.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open-door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this, both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they excel and gain recognition.
About the role – Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to deliver in the following areas:
- Production of and checking investment performance monitoring reports
- Liaising with clients and investment managers on various matters including data and administrative tasks
- Assisting with investment strategy reviews, including asset liability modelling
- Assisting with asset transfers including drafting paperwork, liaising with the investment managers and updating scheme records
- Contributing to our manager research process for existing and potential investment managers
- Drafting articles and blogs on relevant research topics
- Supporting on new investment client take-on process and working with client take-on team
- Providing support to consultants on various investment activities such as investment strategy reviews, drafting manager selection reports, drafting ad hoc investment advice and Statement of Investment Principles
- Ongoing monitoring of investment managers including ESG policies and stewardship
- Developing internal processes and procedures
- Providing training and support to the wider team
This is an exciting role in an organisation that embraces innovation and development.
Key Criteria – Essential
• 2:1 or above in a numerical degree, currently or willing to pursue the CFA, Actuarial or other relevant qualification
• 1 to 3 years relevant Investment experience
• Strong quantitative skills, with a good understanding of Excel and ability to learn use of other software platforms
• Good understanding of Defined Benefit (DB) Pension schemes
• Knowledge & understanding of retirement plans, plan administration, investment markets, investment managers, and Pension Plan valuations
• A keen interest in Investment matters and markets and the wider economic environment
• Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills, including a good understanding of economics, asset classes and investment strategies
• Excellent planning and organisational abilities, to prioritise and complete work
• Ability to build relationships with colleagues and client
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Behavioural Competencies for the role
Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach, able to work independently and as part of a team.
All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
Benefits Package and Terms
You will receive core benefits, pension, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, life assurance, and access to a range of other benefits including season ticket loans, bike to work scheme, dental insurance, and Childcare Vouchers. Study support may also be available for any relevant professional qualifications.
This will be a full-time permanent role and our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
The role holder will be required to travel and work as necessary across the United Kingdom working collaboratively with colleagues in all our offices in order to optimise success in this role.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment. As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking and security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.