Knowledge Management Consultant
We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact. With key industry and technical knowledge, this individual should have the capability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across a multi site business, to ensure the timely and high quality delivery of knowledge and information to our staff.
You will be looking to drive excellent business performance through the effective operation of a Pensions Knowledge Management framework that enables a superior customer experience.
You will provide a professional, impactful, and innovative service that involves technical research, production of daily technical updates to staff, working with other knowledge champions in the business, and promotes best practice and supports our group of businesses in achieving its strategic objectives.
We recruit candidates who are intelligent, ambitious and enjoy working with people. You should thrive on technical research, solving complex problems and be interested in the financial services/pensions industry and the areas affecting it. You will be well organised and proactive, calm under pressure and able to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
You will be seeking a challenging environment in which you can develop both personally and professionally in an award winning company. You will be a conscientious individual with exceptional attention to detail. Your ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues and work to demanding targets and the requirements of our high performing culture will be essential.
We are excited about the future at Spence & Partners. Our Business is growing fast through new client wins and expansion in our current service offerings. Our use of our innovative integrated actuarial and administration pension scheme software platform, Mantle®, across our work is driving us to deliver integrated solutions to our clients.
We create an environment where you can drive your career to the next level – we believe in empowerment and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of personal responsibility and ownership. You’ll get direct exposure to working with the directors of our business and the opportunity to really make your mark in a growing business.
Spence is part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees, a leading independent trustee firm, and Mantle Services Limited, a software development business that operate in the pensions and financial services industry.
About the role – Main Duties and Responsibilities
In your role you will report to the Knowledge Management (KM) Function Head.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing engagement and input into the Pensions Knowledge Management (KM) framework so that it becomes a key part of the culture of the business;
- Understanding and communicating the strategic importance of KM for the business and the role it plays for internal and external stakeholders and delivering regular content into the business;
- You will be expected to keep abreast of changes to legislation/regulations affecting pensions, and be ready to proactively respond;
- Carrying out research and producing daily KM updates to inform aff of key issues;
- Working with a range of colleagues, including knowledge champions, across our network of offices;
- Highlighting to management issues which affect business and client processes;
- Maintain the KM on-line site and ensure that content remains current and relevant;
- Respond to technical queries from colleagues;
- Assessing the use and application of the knowledge and information shared, seeking to improve its presentation to ensure user friendly outputs;
- Providing support to the knowledge champions in the business, and to the KM Function Head.
Key Criteria – Essential
- Educated to degree level with an appropriate qualification
- An experienced technical pension professional with 5 yrs.+ broad industry background gained in either pensions consultancy/administration/actuarial/trusteeship/pensions legal and preferably APMI qualified
- Broad understanding of pensions and trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing/current pension industry issues.
- Able to demonstrate deep technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to clearly articulate technical points
- Ability to work on own and carry out own research and communicate to wider audience
- Ability to understand legislation, the impact it will have on business and clients and provide guidance to be applied practically in a commercial context
- Analytical, with an attention to detail and an ability to provide pragmatic solutions
- Able to work with others, and to share views.
Behavioural Competencies for the Role
Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach
All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
Benefits Package and Terms
You will receive core benefits, pension, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, life assurance, and access to a range of other benefits including season ticket loans, bike to work scheme, dental insurance, and Childcare Vouchers.
This will be a full-time permanent role and our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a three month probationary period from commencement of employment. As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.