This is a job for our sister organisation, Dalraida Trustees Ltd.
As a leading firm of professional trustees we have an excellent opportunity for a consultant. This individual will perform a consulting role supporting our experienced team in delivering effective trusteeship and consulting services. The role will predominantly be Dalriada focused but will also involve supporting its sister company Spence & Partners Limited (Spence), a firm of consulting actuaries and administrators in the delivery of client management and other consulting services.
This role will be attractive to a pensions professional who has the ability to enhance and support the continued development of our successful trusteeship business. You will be able to deliver excellent trusteeship services for which Dalriada is known, and to support the further development of our portfolio of appointments. We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact. With key industry and technical knowledge, this individual should understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of building and maintaining relationships with our clients, whilst building a network of new business opportunities and converting them to real business. The successful candidate should have the capability to work independently and work collaboratively with colleagues across a multi site business, to ensure the timely and high quality delivery to our clients. You will have the drive and ambition to meet targets of chargeable hours, expectations of colleagues and clients and seek to continually improve and expand our offering.
We are an award winning independent trustee firm, and part of an integrated group of privately owned companies that includes Spence & Partners Ltd, Mantle Services Ltd and Mantle Hosting Ltd pension software providers. Since our inception we have had a particular focus on providing trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment and have built a portfolio of over 100 appointments.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. We take a hands-on approach to the role of trustee, developing innovative solutions. We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham and London and have clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
This role will act as a supporting role to our client managers, senior consultants, pensions administrators and fund accountants. You will respond to the needs of a range of stakeholders managing expectations of The Pensions Regulator, The Dalriada Board, client management team and members.
On a daily basis you will be involved in the following activities:
- Administer a case portfolio, ensuring all statutory, regulatory and internal procedures are met.
- Forensic analysis of complex pension and company documentation and accounts, interrogating information to present the factual position.
- Work closely with third parties, for instance, The Pension Regulator, legal advisors and members of the scheme, working to deadlines for delivery of the projects.
- Develop intelligence; gather evidence in support of instruction by The Pensions Regulator in order to conduct asset recovery activities on irregular pension schemes.
- Dealing with confrontational situations over the phone calmly and well for the best outcome.
- Identify and discuss with your team any issues/problems and agree and complete appropriate actions.
- Drafting/preparation of documents required for statutory processes, preparing minutes of any meetings required.
- An experienced pension professional with 5 yrs+ broad industry background gained in either pension administration/actuarial/trusteeship and/or pension consultancy practices.
- Broad understanding of pension trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing/current pension industry issues.
- Knowledge of The Pensions Regulator (TPR) guidance with experience of dealing with TPR.
- Able to demonstrate deep technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate technical points into lay-mans terms.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Evidence/Portfolio of client management responsibilities.
- An individual who can demonstrate the broad spectrum of our competencies.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Working towards or successfully completed a relevant Professional Qualification (PMI, Actuarial).Experience of corporate insolvency procedures would be beneficial.
- Experience of record reconstruction, data analysis and corporate insolvency and asset recovery.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach
All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
The remuneration for the role will be a market competitive rate that reflects the skills and expertise of the job holder.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel. Our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
Full Flexible benefits package available.
There is a three month probationary period from commencement of employment. As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Dalriada Trustee Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.