Pensions Management – Graduate Opportunity 2020
Belfast / Glasgow
About the role – Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Graduate you will work with our team to create a personal development plan in order to support your development in the company and the industry. A structured training plan will help you grow your knowledge and drive your career. As part of your training, you will be given the opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of our Business acquiring a breadth of knowledge and experience that will enable you to become a credible and an effective Pensions Management professional.
In support of our Pensions Management teams, you will contribute to a wide range of work within the pensions sector, incorporating technical support to the Trustees and Sponsoring Employers of pension schemes, as well as our work with the Pension Protection Fund and Pensions Regulator.. This provides the opportunity to enhance your technical abilities and develop core technical pensions management competences on a daily basis whilst working in a challenging environment as part of a rapidly growing, innovative pension consulting firm. You will liaise with colleagues throughout our office locations and work on clients from a diverse range of industries.
As a Pensions Management Graduate trainee, you will:
- Help provide a client service that is proactive, timely and fully focused on the needs of the client and maintains the excellent reputation that has been established by our impressive team
- Be encouraged to use your creativity and critical thinking to come up with tailor-made solutions to unique problems
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills through regular interaction with clients
- Be trained on the use of our bespoke in-house software, Mantle®, to consider and develop appropriate solutions that meet our clients needs
- Carry out a range of projects from winding up schemes and calculating member pension benefits to carrying out forensic research for schemes where we have been appointed by The Pensions Regulator
- Draft reports and presentations to clients in support of their decision making in managing their pension scheme arrangements
- Act as key contact to members and clients, answering a range of queries over the phone and via written communication becoming effective and confident in providing clear and accurate information to members and beneficiaries
- Support our work with the Pension Protection Fund as a member of it’s Specialist Administration and Actuarial Services Panel
- Perform in accordance with financial targets and standards; time recording, budget monitoring, billing and all other aspects of financial management
- Work with and support expert and senior colleagues developing skills and knowledge across our range of services by delivering on client needs.
Key Criteria – Essential
- A honours degree at 2:1 level or above in a relevant subject
- A Levels – Grade A or equivalent in Mathematics*
- At least 5 GCSE’s to include Mathematics and English at Grade A or above
- Excellent IT Skills and fully competent in Microsoft packages, e.g. Word and Excel, with an aptitude for learning other systems
- Experience of working proactively and using your own initiative to complete tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to display a keen interest in the industry and environment in which we operate.
*Depending on your overall academic record with regards to Mathematics this requirement may be reviewed
- Work Experience or Placement in a Professional Services environment.
Behavioural Competencies for the Role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach
Salary & Benefits Package
The salary for this role will be £22,000 per annum in addition to the benefits referred to previously.
To find out more about the benefits associated with this role check out our graduate brochure.
Closing Date for the role: Wednesday 27th May 2020
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Before you apply please make sure you have reviewed the application information section on the Graduate programme page to see what information we are expecting.