As an award-winning and recognised player in the UK Pensions industry, we are currently looking to recruit a Quality Manager to join our highly successful team.
The role will have responsibility across our group of companies, each of which is at the forefront of providing exemplary customer service in the Pensions industry. You will therefore be willing to take on the challenge of responsibility for helping develop and further improving the quality of our service and internal processes and procedures. You will be able to get to grips quickly with our Business and have significant vision, leadership and project management ability.
You will take responsibility for the further development of our ISO9001 Quality Management System. You will be able to effectively engage with your colleagues to ensure their positive engagement with our Quality procedures. You will also be responsible for the implemention of a Quality reporting framework and the management of our Quality KPIs and annual audits.
This role is perfect for an individual with substantial experience in quality management and who is looking to help shape the strategy of a growing organisation in which they really can make a difference.
We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact
We are an integrated group of companies that includes Spence & Partners, a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension and investment consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators, Dalriada Trustees Limited, a leading professional trustee, and Mantle Services Limited, a software development business. We operate exclusively in the pensions and financial services industry.
We have over 150 staff across offices in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London and Manchester and we serve clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this – both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
The organisation is currently in the process of further enhancing quality improvements across all areas, and this is an exciting time to join. Both ISO9001:2015 and PASA accreditations are planned for certification in the next year to add to a number of other standards we have held for several years. In addition, significant investment has already been made in a strategic IT resource that aims to maximise the benefits from the hardware and software investments we have made in recent years
About the role
This is a new and exciting role in the our business reporting to our Head of Risk and Audit, and will be part of a team that includes our Information Security and CRM Management. The purpose of the role is to provide leadership in quality improvement and customer service in our expanding organisation. There will be involvement with the integration and refinement of the organisation’s management systems, driven by our ethos of Continuous Improvement.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of our Quality Management Systems
- Developing and monitoring a Quality Reporting framework to provide essential management information on the effectiveness of our Quality processes
- Preparing and presenting clear and concise reports to the Board and other management, utilising a range of software tools, as required
- Working with internal steakholders, including our HR department, to further develop the organisation’s processes, quality standards, and particularly how we align these to individual accountabilities & performance management
- Promoting improvement over time and the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Continue to implement existing business practices in-line with company objectives and culture
- Effectively use incidents in relation to Quality to learn lessons and improve or re-engineer processes for the benefit of the Business
- Regular analysis and review of information to identify any trends that may impact or improve compliance, quality, or other areas in the organisation
- Ensuring internal and external audits of our Quality processes remain on schedule and that any issues are addressed
- Communicating the importance of the Quality management systems in the organisation, and the importance of conformance to processes, ensuring the management systems achieve their intended results
- Providing advice to the management team on how to maintain & improve existing quality standards by evolving guidance & procedures in-line with business change
- Interacting with stakeholders on compliance issues as required
Professional Experience & Knowledge Required
- A strong quality management background from significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Competence and experience in a role with responsibility for ISO management standards, in particular ISO9001:2015, measured through relevant certification qualification and responsibility for retaining certification in an organisation.
- Significant experience in strategic and operational planning processes.
- Demonstrable track record of leading projects to successful completion on time and on budget.
- Creative and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence the behaviour of colleagues at all levels within the Business.
- The ability to understand what will add value, what will not and the ability to tailor your approach as and when required.
- Experience in the financial sector, and the pensions industry in particular, would be advantageous
- Educated to degree level.
- Extensive experience of at least one ISO management standard, measured through relevant higher-level certification/qualification and/or project management responsibility for the implementation of the Standard in an organisation.
- A formal project management qualification.
- A qualification or training in a continuous improvement methodology would be desirable (e.g., LEAN, 6 Sigma, etc.) and experience in a relevant role with continuous improvement responsibilities
Behavioural competencies for the role
Problem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Client engagement, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive.
Further information is provided outlining the indicators for each behavioural competency.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel for the delivery of an excellent service for our clients.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.