Tender / Proposal Executive
Glasgow / Belfast
We are looking for a creative yet process oriented proposal writer, with an exceptional eye for detail keen to embrace the opportunity of showcasing their experience as part of an excellent and award winning company.
A talented storyteller, with excellent writing and editing skills, you have a deep and practical understanding of how build the best proposals within the time constraints available.
You will have an appetite to get hands on with day to day management of the proposal pipeline across our group of businesses in the business to business pensions industry. Helping to develop our processes and methodologies as well as developing new content and ways to tell our story, in a persuasive and effective manner.
Working closely with those who actively develop and win new business across our group of businesses, you will be able to manage competing priorities, whilst being a keen and effective relationship builder.
You will have exceptional time management skills, due to handling often tight tender production timescales.
Supporting colleagues in the team will be second nature, as well as inspiring others in the business to support the marketing processes and activity.
What will set you apart is your ability to communicate, and to interact with colleagues as well as prospective clients, marketing the excellent services for which our Company is known, and to further develop our extensive portfolio of appointments and opportunities.
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, Bristol and Manchester and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
This role sits in the marketing team, which serves all of our businesses, which means that this role works across all of our brands. This is a great opportunity as a marketer to work on complimentary messaging targeting a variety of markets within the business to business pensions industry.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this, both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
About the role
The Tender / Proposal Executive will be responsible for working with the wider marketing team and business to further develop our successful approach to winning new business.
Key Responsibilities, reporting to the Marketing Function Head:
- Active development of proposal responses using our existing processes, working with practice heads, our business support team and other members of the marketing team.
- Ensure that the bids are completed on time with high calibre content contribution to the technical detail coming from the practice heads in the business.
- Development of proposal process, libraries of standard answers, and materials.
- Development of proposal templates, for use in drafting.
- Liaison with designers, and printers in producing final proposals/
- Maintenance of tracking system for bids.
- Maintenance of CRM opportunity and leads records.
- Monitoring of industry procurement tools for opportunities to tender.
This is an exciting role in an organisation that embraces marketing and ensures it plays an active role in its development.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Experience writing bids, providing advice on approach and strategy (ideally, one to two years).
- Experience of:
- Managing proposals from start to finish.
- Managing multiple proposals at once.
- Dealing with multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
- Contract negotiation is desirable
- A proven track record of writing content /content management.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Development of tender processes.
- Development of templates and libraries of standard answers.
- Pension sector experience preferred, other Professional Services experience considered.
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Degree, 2.1 or above in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant courses related to developing tenders responses and content management.
- Currently studying towards a relevant Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Qualification.
Desirable Educational Qualifications
- Achievement of relevant professional qualification with evidence of continued CPD with CIM to maintain professional excellence
Behavioural competencies for the role
Problem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Client engagement, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive.
Location: Glasgow / Belfast.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.