- The first name on the Quarterly Update team sheet is a mainstay of recent selections. An unpredictable, volatile, yet entirely unavoidable choice for the Q3 team – Brexit. No update would be complete without it!
- On the wing, we have a summary of the British Airways judgement – a case that keeps running and running, with no sign of tiring out, until it reaches the final (at the Supreme Court).
- Bringing older, wiser and more experienced traits to the report, we have an article on the recent trends in Longevity.
- Providing a cool head in defence, an article summarising the G4S case that brought clarity on what is a “frozen” scheme.
- In midfield, we have the European leader, organising all members of the team, with great communication skills – a summary of the member communication requirements from the IORP II European Directive.
- Whilst up front, we have the most honest of finishers, who won’t try to win a penalty by scamming the referee – an update on the ScamSmart
- STOP PRESS: The imminent Lloyds judgement mentioned in this edition of our Quarterly Update has been published today and confirms the requirement to equalise Guaranteed Minimum Pensions (GMPs). See more inside our report.
In my down time – between working in the Spence actuarial department, studying for actuarial exams, chasing after my four and two year olds – I am partial to spending some time managing… my fantasy football team. Having witnessed another terrible weekend of results for my team, my mind turned back to reality and to the third Quarterly Update of 2018. Thankfully the topics we have selected for this report carry far more promise and relevance than my football selections: